Eating healthier isn‚Äôt that hard to do these days. More and more products are readily available for us, you just have to know what to look for‚Ä¶¬† This is where I, and many other people like me, come in.. We love to cook and provide recipes for you out there that would love to eat normal things but need to know how to ‚Äúkick them up a notch‚Äù to make them a little healthier..
I received a sample of Matcha Green Tea to try and let you know what I thought of it‚Ä¶ ‚Ä¶..I am a member of Tomoson.com and receive samples of products to write reviews of those products..Read full disclosure below
Organic Matcha- Green Tea Powder By KissMe is one of those products that you can add to your morning / noon / evening routine to do that.
I am providing 2 fabulous recipes here for you today. First is the Best breakfast I‚Äôve ever tasted. Okay, 1 of the best, as I enjoy making many things and most of them turn out fabulous..¬† This one is my first involving Matcha Green tea though..
I’m not any weight loss diet, by any means. Quite the opposite actually. I’m trying to maintain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle and this Green Tea powder is just one of the things that is making that easy to do. It’s not only flavorful, but it adds that extra boost of energy I need by adding it into my afternoon meal and snack foods, I love that it has 137x ANTIOXIDANTS so it’s great for my skin and hair (helps protect me from UVA/UVB rays) and what’s awesome is that the green tea powder can be put into just about anything you eat or drink, you can barely tell it’s there and it helps you burn calories while your doing everyday stuff like walking because it is an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism.¬† I couldn’t have asked for a better product to have dropped in my lap..¬† THANKS Matcha..
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Light Whole wheat Pancakes with Matcha Green Tea powder.
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat Hodgson Mill
- 1/2 cup white cake mix or pre-made pancake mix found at dollar store/dollar general store
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 TBSPs organic Matcha Green Tea mix
- 1 tsp. butter or veg oil
1 Prepare pancake griddle or large fry pan with a tsp. of butter or vegetable oil.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, blend well
3. add milk, egg to dry ingredients and blend well, until there are no lumps
4. heat pancake griddle / fry pan on medium – medium / low heat
5. pour pancake batter on griddle / pan to form medium sized pancake, cook until pancake is golden brown, flip onto other side and cook that side until golden brown. Should be a minute or two per side. Depends on your stove type.
Repeat for each pancake.
My Second Recipe is a fabulous Cookie recipe that I have been dying to try out‚Ä¶ It‚Äôs a little Healthier twist on the infamous Macaroon cookie that we all cherish and love. I wanted to make something for the Holidays..¬†¬† So I re-created this Fab Macaroon recipe from the New York Times and added in a few twists of my own / changing up a few ingredients to make it a bit more ‚Äúhealthy‚Äù.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut in 1-inch pieces
1/2 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise and scraped of seeds
3 large or 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
1/4 cup sugar granulated
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons Hodgson Mill white Whole wheat flour
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
4 scant tablespoons sugar granulated
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
Yield: 5 dozen
1. In a large skillet over a medium flame add the butter, vanilla bean and seeds, and cook until the butter turns golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add the apples, letting them caramelize on one side, then turn, about 5 minutes total.
2. Sprinkle the sugar and brown sugar over the apples and cook, turning occasionally to caramelize and soften the fruit, about 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream and continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Remove the vanilla bean and put the apple mixture in a food processor, add lemon juice and pulse until smooth. Cool over ice, 45 minutes to 1 hour. (This can be made and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.)
1. Line two 17-by-12-inch baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a food processor, blend the almond flour, powdered sugar, ginger and cinnamon for 1 minute. Sift the blended almond mixture directly into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside. (This can be made up to 2 days in advance.)
2. Fill a small saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Place the bowl over the pot of hot water and whisk quickly until the egg whites reach 100 degrees on a candy thermometer.
3. Remove the bowl from the pot of water and whisk in the cream of tartar. Place it on a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment. Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes, then gradually beat in the sugar. Continue whipping for 6 minutes until the egg whites come to medium stiff peaks and are shiny.
4. Turn the mixer to the lowest setting and carefully spoon in the molasses. Remove the bowl from the mixer. Add egg whites to the almond mixture by gently bringing the flat side of a rubber spatula through the center of the egg whites and up the opposite side of the bowl, folding the dry ingredients over the egg whites. Repeat the same motion 50 times, turning the bowl a quarter turn each time.
5. Fit a pastry bag with a medium round tip (No. 4) and fill with the mixture. On the parchment-lined baking sheets, pipe 1-inch rounds (the batter will be slightly wet) by holding the bag at a slight angle and releasing small amounts of batter. Allow one-half inch between cookies; they will spread slightly. Keep the piped cookies at room temperature, uncovered, for 1 to 2 hours. (This will help form a skin.)
6. Heat the oven to 325¬∞f, placing the racks in the center and lower shelves of the oven.
7. Bake the macaroons for 12 minutes, reverse the trays on the racks and rotate. Bake 12 to 14 minutes more, or until firm and not wet. Cool on a rack.
8. Fill the macaroons by placing the apple compote in a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe a one-half-inch round of filling onto the bottom (flat side) of one cookie, then place another cookie on top to make a sandwich (try to pick two cookies the same size and shape). Twist gently to spread the filling. These are best filled 1 hour before eating so that the apple compote makes the macaroon melt in your mouth.
Each cookie: 37 calories; 1 gram protein; 6 grams carbohydrates; 0 gram fiber; 1 gram fat; 0 saturated fat; 1 mg. cholesterol; 4 mg. sodium.
– original by Los Angeles Times Gingerbread macaroons
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Matcha Tea says to deliver
- ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism
- LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie
- 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
- IMPROVED HAIR & SKIN HEALTH: Scientists have discovered Matcha Green Tea helps protect from harmful UVA/UVB rays as well as free radicals damage.
Cooking with it, or at the least mixing it into your daily meals and drinks can enhance your life in so many ways. You can find recipes that have been tried and tested through Matcha and their faithful users Here.¬†¬† And as an added bonus I would love it if you would consider giving one or both of my recipes below a try‚Ä¶ I enjoyed creating (re-creating) these recipes.
This has been an
A Mom’s Rantings Product Review Post
Help support our Giveaways and reviews – Grab our button over on the side panel
I was given free samples of Matcha Green Tea for the purpose of reviewing the product and providing my written opinion on my blog & a possible Giveaway / contest of the product as well.. Every word written here is of my personal opinion... I did not receive monetary compensation unless otherwise stated. This is hereby stated to be an Ad
Thanks to Tomoson.com ‚ÄìBeta site for referring companies to bloggers like me
Certain Quotes that are taken directly from the website are stated as such when possible or provided by the company themselves, with permission to use by the company mentioned herein.
Any personal opinion given by me is my honest opinion and not an opinion otherwise swayed in any way, shape or form by this brand, or anyone affiliated with this brand or anyone otherwise herein, all thoughts an opinions are mine, stated in my own words unless otherwise stated herein.
This post is in compliance with FTC RULES
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.