Posted on | July 15, 2012 | 2 Comments
Yeah, I know it’s a mouth full of words, but it’s a mouth full of yummy goodness as well. However, Before I get to the Recipe I’ve created, I have to say, the little town I live in, once upon a time we did have a coffee shop, I’m sure, but I didn’t live here back then. Now, we don’t a coffee shop to speak of. We have a restaurant called Country Corner, but they only serve Black coffee and meals. Nothing special about their coffee menu. We do have a Gas station called HOT SPOT that serves different kinds of coffee from a machine and that’s the closest we come to getting cappuccino. When I lived in a larger City a few years ago we had a Starbucks and that was heaven. I could get just about anything I wanted there, and we had a Place called Smoothie King, it too was a little slice of heaven.
So unfortunately. Now if I want something I have to learn how to make it myself. Which, is really fun to do. So I’m not complaining. I will add, though, Burger King has a pretty decent Mocha Frappe.. in the next town over. Just saying. When that’s all you have to choose from, you don’t get too picky.
My Idea was to make a bit of a layered ice cream dessert or smoothie, with the Mocafe Tea and Kiwi Caramel layered Ice cream. It took me Quite a while to get the recipe, in my opinion, perfected to the Taste that I personally wanted it at. You all (others) may have different tastes, and prefer stronger, or lighter flavors than I. Here is my concept, all I can say is ROLL with it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
So, I took a page from my parents play book and decided it was time I made home made Ice cream.. NOT ice MILK.. but Ice Cream so yes, it’s very fattening.. My recipe called for 4.5 cups whole milk and 2 cups Whipping cream. H owever it did call for 2.5 cups sugar and I cut that down to 1/2 that and used Honey in it’s place. Turned out quite well. So, Sorry girls. I will be working on a diet version pretty soon, so stay tuned.. I will make a 1% using agave nectar to sweeten… Until then. This is what I have.
.. SO For now you may substitute this with your fat free ice milk, or even a frozen yogurt, or your every day shaved ice if you wish. Keep in mind though, that It will change the overall flavor in the outcome.
*Kiwi Caramel Mocafe Green Tea Ice Cream Smoothie* recipe
Part 1 – Green Tea Ingredients:
- 1/2 Mocafe packet Matcha Green Tea Packet (Set aside 3 Tablespoons powder for Sprinkling on top – keep into a small bowl or baggie.)
- 1 cup home made ice cream (replace with Crushed ice / frozen yogurt ect.. if you wish)
- 1/8 cup milk
Part 1 – Directions
- Combine ingredients above together
- Blend in blender until thoroughly mixed together
- pour into a bowl with a lid
- set into freezer until part 2 is finished
Part 2 – Kiwi & caramel Ingredients
- 6 small fresh Kiwi, peeled & Diced
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar or honey (you can use substitute sweetener if you wish
2 – 3 Tbsp Hershey’s Caramel Ice cream sauce
a Tablespoon or two of dream whip to place on top for end of both part 1 and 2
a small amount of chocolate syrup to drizzle on top for end of both part 1 and 2
Part 2 – Directions
- Combine ingredients above from part 2 into Blender
- blend together until thoroughly mixed
- In glass parfait (ice cream) serving dishes place small amount (a tablespoon or so) of each from part 1, then part 2, then drizzle some caramel, repeating 1 then 2 then caramel again, then 1, 2, caramel again ect. ect. until glass is full.
- Once at top, Place a dollop of Whipped cream on top, You can use a frosting bag with a large star tip with Whipped topping in it to make a pretty design on top. Or you can just use a spoon to scoop out a dollop and make a cute peak on top.
- Then drizzle with a little more caramel syrup (optional) , or some chocolate syrup and sprinkle with the powdered green tea (as shown in picture also optional). I think this not only adds to the aesthetic look but also adds to the final taste as well.
Kiwi by itself is a very tangy sour fruit, but with the Mocafe Green Tea and a touch of caramel it’s amazing. You won’t know what hit you. This flavor combination will blow you away. I can’t wait to get some feedback and see what you all think. Please come back here and drop me a line with some comments as I would love to see what your
Optional: you can drizzle with caramel or nuts ect.ect. as in an Ice cream Sunday. Idea’s can be endless.
Final Product Picture
How to Make Home Made Ice Cream *Recipe and Video on
Using an Ice Cream maker (electric) < – - – Click to see
This has been a Contest Entry via A Moms Rantings | Rachel McGuire
Help support our Giveaways and reviews - Grab our button over on the side panel
These / This websites, companies or products have NO affiliation with me, A Moms Rantings, they did NOT pay or give me products to write this post. I posted this out of my own free will using my own opinions.